Purpose of the Foundation
The Bobs & Crow Lakes Foundation (the Foundation) is a registered charity in Canada and the United States, the primary purpose of which is to raise
funds through donations to the Foundation,holding fund raising events,such as the Frontenac Frolic,and from project grants from other foundations and
The Foundation works in harmony with the Greater Bobs & Crow Lakes Association (GBCLA) and other organizations to use the funds raised in support of projects and programs that meet the objects of the Foundation, which are as follows:
- To aid in the protection, restoration and maintenance of the waters, shores and environs of the Greater Bobs and Crow Lakes together with any other water bodies flowing into or which could affect the water quality of the Greater Bobs and Crow Lakes;
- To protect fish and wildlife populations by undertaking programs under governmental guidelines to rehabilitate and maintain spawning habitats, fish restocking, by monitoring loon and other native bird populations and protecting their habitat, undertaking initiatives to establish nesting sites where appropriate and by promoting compliance with fish and game laws;
- To encourage the observance of measures designed to prevent forest fire and water pollution and to render such assistance as may be possible to appropriate authorities concerned therewith;
- To teach and encourage water safety practices and the observance of provincial and federal laws relating to watercraft ownership and operation and, where indicated, to act in collaboration with provincial authorities, to ensure safe and lawful operation of watercraft;
- To educate and increase the publicís understanding of the issues affecting the quality of the lake environments, the necessity of the protection of the fish and wildlife populations and habitats as well as the potential impact on the environment, such as destruction and erosion of fish, wildlife and their habitats; and
- To do all other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above purposes.
The Foundation issues tax receipts in Canada and the United States for donations.
The Foundation funds various project around the Lakes that meet the objects of the Foundation.